Greens Motel 9 Hole Festival of Golf
Dates: Monday 28th March – Friday 1st April 2022
The 2022 tournament will be held in sunny Nelson in the last week of March, open to all affiliated golfers, men and women, both 9 hole or 18 hole members. This is in line with the Golf NZ modification, to allow players to have one handicap recorded within the DotGolf system.
The 36-hole Tournament will be played over 5 days, with 9-holes stableford competition scheduled in divisions:
Entry Inclusions & extras
- Entry fee of $180 per person includes 4 rounds of competition golf, 1 round of practice golf, and the prize giving dinner.
- Optional – Quiz night and dinner, $25pp golfers and non-golfers.
- Optional – Trundler hire ($20 for the week)
- Optional – Twos’ Competition $10 whole amount paid out to golfers.
- Electric carts are in very short supply but some are available for players who really need them.They must be booked and approved by the tournament director Tony Watkins on 03 5485029 (i.e. carts cannot be booked directly with the pro shops). Also carts may not be available on all courses.
Entry is restricted to playing members of Actual Golf Clubs in New Zealand who play regularly at their home Club, and must have returned at least 12 cards at their Club over the last 12 months.
At the Prize Giving Dinner, non playing partners are very welcome, just tick the box on the entry form and pay the amount due.
For 2022 we are proposing to run a Quiz night during the week which will include a main course meal. Cost would be $25. please note we will need a minimum of 60 entries to make this work.
Sunday 27th March
- 3.00 – 5.00pm Registration Nelson Golf Clubhouse
- 1.00 – 5.00pm 9-hole Practice round at Nelson Golf Club
Monday 28th March
- 10.00am Round 1 Nelson Golf Club
Tuesday 29th March
- 9.30am and Midday Round 2 Waahi Taakaro Golf Club
- 5.30 – 7.30pm Dinner and Quiz Night Nelson Golf Club
Wednesday 30th March
- Day off. Your time to explore the region
Thursday 31st March
- 9.30am and Midday Round 3 Totaradale Golf Club
Friday 1st April
- 9.30am Final round Nelson Golf Club
- 6:00pm Dinner and awards night Nelson Golf Club.
After each round we will be holding a prize giving for that days comp.
- Entries to be made online using the Registration Form below,
- Nelson Golf Club and Golf New Zealand reserve the right to refuse any entry without being required to give a reason.
- Entrants must conform with the Rules of Amateur Status, as adopted by the R & A Limited.
- Entrants must accept these Terms of Competition as noted here.
- The Scoring records and handicaps of entrants will be reviewed for authenticity through the New Zealand Golf Handicapping website, and/or an overseas equivalent.
- A maximum handicap of 40.4 applies
- Handicaps will change daily as per the World Handicapping System.
- It is the player’s sole responsibility to ensure his / her entry has been received prior to the closing date. A player’s entry has not officially been received until a confirmation is received.
- The field is limited to 128. Divisions will be calculated once all handicaps are received.
- The data contained in the entry form submitted by the entrant is permanently retained by Golf New Zealand Golf / Nelson Golf Incorporated within its database of competitors details. From time to time Golf New Zealand Golf / Nelson Golf Club Incorporated may allow a sponsor or golf clubs to utilize the information contained.
- Entries close 21st of March 2022 or once the field is full which ever comes first.
Registration on site.
All competitors must endeavour to register in person on Sunday 27th of March 2022, prior to commencing play. Or must make contact with the Nelson Golf Club to make other arrangements.
Register your intent to play the 2022 Nelson 9 Hole Festival of Golf.